Add an A record on GoDaddy
To add an A record to GoDaddy, follow these steps.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS under the Additional Settings section.
- Click on the ADD button under the Records table.
- Select A from the drop-down menu under the Type tab.
- Enter @ in the Host field. This will directly point to your domain name.
- Enter RetargetKit’s IP address in the Points to field, which is 18.104.22.168.
- Keep TTL as 1 hour.
- Click on the SAVE button.
- Wait a few hours for DNS propagation.
- Once the DNS is fully propagated, you can add it to RetargetKit.
- Login to your RetargetKit account.
- Click on your profile button situated at the top right side of the page.
- Select Workspace Settings from the menu.
- Click on Custom Domains under the CAMPAIGN section from the left side of the page.
- Click on the Add Custom Domain button.
- Enter the domain you want to use in the Domain Name field as your custom domain. In our case it is https://rgkit.co
- Enter your redirected URL in the Root Redirect URL field. In our case it is https://retargetkit.com
- Enter your 404 page URL in the 404 Redirect URL field. In our case it is https://retargetkit.com/404
- Hit the SAVE button, your custom root domain will be added.
Note: Please keep in mind that if we change our server in the future, then you have to update the IP address in your DNS settings. In that case, we will let you know our new IP address in advance. This is only applicable for A record or custom root domain.