Add an A record to Namecheap
To add an A record to Namecheap follow these steps.
- Login to your Namecheap account.
- Click on the Domain List from the left side menu.
- Click on the Manage button next to your domain.
- Click on Advanced DNS.
- Click on the Add New Record button under the Host Records section.
- Select A Record for Type.
- Enter @ in the Host field. This will point to your root domain.
- Enter RetargetKit’s IP address in the Value field, which is 184.108.40.206.
- No need to change the TTL. The default value is fine.
- Save them using the Save All Changes button.
- Wait a few hours for DNS propagation.
- Now login to RetargetKit.
- Click on your profile button situated at the top right side of the page.
- Select Workspace Settings from the menu.
- Click on Custom Domains under the CAMPAIGN section from the left side of the page.
- Click on the Add Custom Domain button.
- Enter the domain you want to use in the Domain Name field as your custom domain. In our case it is https://rgkit.co
- Enter your redirected URL in the Root Redirect URL field. In our case it is https://retargetkit.com.
- Enter your 404 page URL in the 404 Redirect URL field. In our case it is https://retargetkit.com/404.
- Hit the SAVE button, your custom root domain will be added.
Note: Please keep in mind that if we change our server in the future, then you have to update the IP address in your DNS settings. In that case, we will let you know our new IP address in advance. This is only applicable for A record or custom root domain.